Safety is a priority at Century and this commitment and responsibility extends to every employee. The safety program is implemented and reinforced by a team that regularly visits work sites to educate and assist employees in best practices in order to maintain safe working environments on each project.
Beyond the industry standard, Century’s safety program objectives are supported by the following principles:
- Regular employee substance screenings
- Review of driving records for all vehicle and equipment operators
- Weekly tool box safety meetings on all project sites
- Mandatory outfitting of hard hats, safety glasses and vests on all job sites
- Daily safety checks of all tools and equipment
- Meeting or exceeding OSHA standards on all project sites
We ensure our teams are prepared to perform these jobs safely via:
- First Aid & CPR Certification Program
- Silica Avoidance & Respiratory Program
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Training Program
- NCCCO Certification (National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators)
- Various need based, topical safety training
- Trained, experienced and qualified riggers, flaggers and signalmen
Century Concrete is safety qualified for all DOD, VDOT and private shipyard work.
2016 & 2017 Safety Training Evaluation Process (STEP) Gold Award
Awarded by Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
2012 Fleet Safety Award
Awarded by American Society of Concrete Contractors